New parsix3.7r2 CRASHED

General discussion forum for Parsix GNU/Linux in English.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

New parsix3.7r2 CRASHED

Postby keoh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm

downloaded the new parsix edition febuary 13 2012 and it crashed right away
then tried to reload it a second time and it said Xkorg issues etc...tried it on a second computer that is brand new toshiba laptop i bought in january 2012 and same issue Xkorg issue! I even tried to load from boot up in non free drivers no help there either..This distro is Trash i am not going to reccomend to any of my linux friends to use this distro.If you want a distro where everything runs and works right out the box go to mint linux
keoh

Re: New parsix3.7r2 CRASHED

Postby jerry525 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm

I've had no problems at all with 3.7r2.

Incidentally Mint 11 crashed for me "right out of the box" (I tried installing it 3 times) and I had stability issues with Mint debian, that's why I switched to Parsix.

However I would not post to the Mint community suggesting they turned to Parsix, nor would I call it "Trash" because of my experiences as I have too much respect for Mint and the possible offence that it might engender as clearly there are many people in that community that would not necessarily have the issues I have experienced.

Instead if I wished to contribute something positive before moving to something I was more comfortable with I would have detailed the sepecifics of my system and possibly asked for some help.

To say Parsix is trash is therefore insulting not only top the peiople who are very happy with Parsix but ultimately it insults yourself.
Regards, Jerry
jerry525

Postby keoh » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

No insult intended mate and i am sure that for the British this is a great system. But as for us Yanks we are a bit more advanced!I tell yall what the next time im down around Bath UK. whats say you and I go for some bangers,Beans with toast. Now thats a proper insult mate. Cheers :D
keoh

Postby jerry525 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 pm

First of all, many thanks for being so open. There are not many who would be willing to demonstrate what you have about yourself (perhaps albeit unwittingly). :oops:

Your logic appears to be this: (1) I cannot configure Parsix so therefore it is “trash”. (2) Parsix does not work “out of the box” for me so therefore it is not “advanced”. (3) As an American I consider Parsix to be ok for others (specifically the British) but not for me as I consider as an American I need a more “advanced” system that just works “out of the box”.

Aside from the blatantly obvious fact that others who use Parsix can easily configure it, this idea appears not to have entered your consciousness, instead you blame the distro and are happy to insult the Parsix community rather than either taking a look at yourself or asking for a bit of help. You do not even have the courage of your convictions & state that there is; “No insult intended mate”. So calling another distro trash because YOU cannot use it properly is not an isult?.

I do wonder what your comments would be if you had tried another distro, perhaps Arch Linux which is notoriously not “out of the box”.

As to you insults on the UK. At least try to be factual. It is obvious you know very little about the UK, let alone the city I live in. I have traveled to the US many times, yet I would not categorize US cuisine as being just about McDonalds, KFC, or the equally ubiquitous Subway. Aside from these the food in the USA is fantastic, and the vast majority of people I have met have been very nice. The irony of choosing “beans” as a potential insult is amusing though, :lol: after all Heinz (the best known beans producer) is from the USA. For your information the most popular foods in the UK are Indian takeaways, roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, and of course fish & chips (McDonalds etc are here too by the way).

I have also lived & worked in Holland for many years, & have traveled all over Europe and Japan. Like many in my shoes, we all came to one conclusion. That is that people are people, there is no superior country or race, and tolerance & manners cost nothing but count for a lot.

I hope the Mint community are ready for you, they are a good bunch. Bye
Regards, Jerry
jerry525

Postby keoh » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 am

No worries all just fun ..us yanks are a bit ecentric all just fun play.it is said the Brits have a dry sense of humor or lack thereof but i find them loads of fun to tease with. :) Again mate no hard feelings and Mint is no different than any other distro is.just always remeber this about the Yanks, The reason winows and Macs do so well in the US is because most of the time instead of enjoying life as one should most yanks are to busy trying to make a living and do not have time to stop and try to figure things out I.E. out of the box so again im sure your OS works for those that love and use it.But again Linux people dont like to resemble windows and i understand this fact but remeber there is a huge market for those in America at least that would love to turn on thier computer and just have it all work straight away.Cheers mate.Again no worries its just good ole Yank humor. :D
keoh

Postby AmiNimA » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

:lol:

parsix3.7r2 crashed ==> parsix is trash!
windows 7 hangs ==> windows is trash!
Android 2.3.4 crashed ==> android is trash!

Only a child can use this method in his brain! or an adult with some atrophies in his brain!

Open-source belongs to the Open-mind people, and not an area such as america or china or anywhere else.
AmiNimA
Parsix Lover

Postby keoh » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

to AmiNima spoken like a true muslim :D
keoh

Postby jerry525 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

AmiNima as you well know was reitterating my comments & I am not a Muslim. What he said was entirely logical based on what went before. So his response clearly has nothing to do with his background or religion.

You seem to have a penchant for insulting people, then passing the insults off as intended jokes by saying that this is an American behaviour, this is supremely childish, and total nonesense. I know Americans, my wife's family live in America & I worked for an American company for 10 years. Also saying the British have a dry sense of humour is ridiculous if you know anything about British comedy.

Your attitude is really regretful and it is a pity that you continue to demean yourself by displaying this kind of behaviour. If you had any common decency you would apologise (at least to AmiNima). That would take courage coupled with a sense of honour which based on your recent history is something I doubt you posess (though it would be nice to be proven wrong in this instance).
Regards, Jerry
jerry525

Postby zektor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am

I am American (live in NJ) and I can say for sure that I am not in agreement with this person's sentiments :roll:

Parsix is a fantastic distro, and I have been running it for some time on a few of my machines. It is highly configurable, much faster than Ubuntu derivitives (ie: Mint) as it is Debian based, and just a joy to use. Little things here and there make me realize how much went into this distro and how great it is. Included codecs, flash, a nice selection of applications, it's own repos, and even build-essential and linux headers were pre-included...making it one step less to install the Nvidia driver after install :)

So, to reiterate, no, Parsix is not "trash". It does work, and it works great. If you cannot successfully install or use it, you have an issue with your hardware, installing Debian in general, or your skills in general (do not know how to configure X...or your video card?). Maybe Mint will be better for you....or maybe just use Windows!

Probably just a troll... or maybe some uneducated redneck (I work in IT, and I get a lot of the "yall" from them...just like in the second post). Not how I wanted my first post in the Parsix forums to be, but I had to say something to this.
zektor

Postby kefan1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:46 am

As an American I consider Parsix to be ok for others (specifically the British) but not for me as I consider as an American I need a more “advanced” system that just works “out of the box”.
kefan1

Postby jerry525 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 am

[quote="kefan1"]As an American I consider Parsix to be ok for others (specifically the British) but not for me as I consider as an American I need a more “advanced” system that just works “out of the box”.

Why specifically the British? Strange comment, I'm really interested why you said that. One would think that with a Farsi dictionary if anything it would surely be "specifically" for Persian language speakers? I have found it good out of the box. Strangely the "more advanced" linux distros like Arch and Gentoo are absolutely not "out of the box". By the way what advanced distro do you use? Many thanks for the post.
Regards, Jerry
jerry525

Postby alan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey Jerry this seems to be a SPAM post...
alan
Developer
Developer

Postby chal4oye » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:10 am

Incidentally Mint 11 crashed for me "right out of the box" (I tried installing it 3 times) and I had stability issues with Mint debian, that's why I switched to Parsix.

However I would not post to the Mint community suggesting they turned to Parsix, nor would I call it "Trash" because of my experiences as I have too much respect for Mint and the possible offence that it might engender as clearly there are many people in that community that would not necessarily have the issues I have experienced.
chal4oye

Postby mandog » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:26 pm

I think this thread needs to be locked it was a apt thread in 2012
this is now the end of 2013
Parsix is v5 soon to be version 6 enough said.
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to General Discussions - English