Mouse Pointers

User created HOW-TOs, guides and workarounds.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

Mouse Pointers

Postby imac » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi,

I want to use a large mouse pointer but when I went into Appearance / theme/customise/pointers there are none.

Could someone organise a search party and find some !!!!

I would very much like a bigger pointer as was in Ubuntu, I have to use a large screen resolution so the only pointer is small.

And yes, when I get this sorted out I'll be donating. I have all the other things sorted out, this is the last one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy life while you can, don't try when you can't 'cos you won't, then it will be too late.

imac
imac

RE: Mouse Pointers

Postby blix » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Choose your favorite and Donate :P
Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
Benjamin Franklin
blix
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby imac » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 pm

I take it there is no fix then :cry: sob sob !!!

I know its not an important thing but it would be nice with a larger pointer.

Would it be some sort of a bug or something ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy life while you can, don't try when you can't 'cos you won't, then it will be too late.

imac
imac

Postby blix » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:13 pm

You mean none of the cursors where big enough?
Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
Benjamin Franklin
blix
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby mandog » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Go to this link http://www.gnome-look.org
Plenty of mouse themes. But i can't understand no Mouse pointers their should be something their I have 2 a White and a Black both can be resized from minuet to huge.
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby imac » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:49 pm

All there is, is the word "DEFAULT" in upper case. and thats it, not 1 pointer.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with this installation.

There is this mouse pointer, and in my other post on installing a deb package and following the instruction there, I just cannot install it, I've put the deb file in every partition I have, I shortened it's name, I put it on the desktop, all I get is "file not found". I tried modifying the syntax given it the post, a space here eg. etc.

I've been at it for 1 1/2 hours.

I'm going to do another install and see, won't take long.

imac
imac

Postby imac » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:27 pm

I have just done a re-install, I used gparted to delete the partitions and make new ones of a different size and formatted them. All are ext3.

I did not "touch" anything at all, did not set anything, I wanted to make sure the pointers were not installed and not removed by me doing something to cause their removal.

There are no pointers in this new clean installation.
The words at the bottom of the Pointers page are greyed out, these are > Size Small ---- Large and Delete.<
When Parsix was only installed in "memory" I checked and no pointers were present.
I then clicked on the desktop icon "install Parsix" and let it install to hard drive.

When it was finished I checked again and there are no mouse pointers there.
I am not dual booting.
Asus P5E mobo
Intel DUO x8500
nVidia 8800GTS
8gb Ram (for Vista x64 on another drive.
Antec Trio PSU 6500 watts.
SATA3 hard drives.
Last edited by imac on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

imac
imac

Postby mandog » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:01 pm

In synaptic click search type mouse look for chameleon & comixcursers and install Thats about 50 mouse curser themes see if that solves your problem
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby grasshopper » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 am

If you look for comixcursers in Synaptic you won't find it. It's comixcursors. Synaptic is very annoying that way.
grasshopper

Postby mandog » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:43 am

Grasshopper
Thanks for correcting my spelling I'm dyslexic and spell check does not always prompt me when things aren't spelled correct
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby imac » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Yep, mandog, I got a heap of pointers thanks to you.

imac
imac

Postby xet7 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Thanks all! :) I have added it to the wiki:

For Windows users, and others too => Howto change mouse pointers
http://www.parsix.org/html/index.php?mo ... g=HowTosEn
xet7
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to HOW-TOs - English