Hardware that works from the box in Parsix

Discussions related to hardware issues, incompatibilities, drivers, etc.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

Hardware that works from the box in Parsix

Postby mandog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:55 pm

All distros seem to have problems with hardware and plug and play for me Parsix Fares better than most. Parsix sets up my multimedia keyboard, my Canon scanner is powered by the usb port, plug it in and Sane fires up, my video cam, and ipod all just need a usb connection and Parsix finds and opens up the correct program. All usb devices mount with no problem even ones that don't open in Microsoft, I use a mixture of Sata & ide h/drives again no problem for Parsix, I use both Nvidia/Ati graphic cards Parsix always gives some sort of screen resilution till I can install the drivers. A lot of distros need a lot of configuring just to mount things usb devices. Are others as lucky as me with Parsix?.
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RE: Hardware that works from the box in Parsix

Postby aysabzevar » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm

:D :D I'm too lucky same you :D :D
This is because Parsix uses the newest kernel with many other patches and drivers + a professional manager.
aysabzevar
Developer
Developer

RE: Hardware that works from the box in Parsix

Postby cmost » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm

I've been running Linux for over six years and I've learned to check Linux compatibility (and user experience) of various hardware components before purchasing hardware for my custom, home built workstations. Because of this, most Linux distributions, Parsix included, run extremely well on my system.
AMD Phenom II 64 X6 1090T Black Edition Hexa-Core
8192 MB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 660 w 2048 MB DDR5
Linux Mint Debian Edition 64 Bit
Parsix (Debian Testing) GNU/Linux 64 Bit
Liquorix Kernel 3.12.x
cmost
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Hardware Issues - English