installation login

Discussions related to Parsix installations, installer program, etc.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

installation login

Postby jerrybee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 am

Am trying to install ver 3.5. Booting the DVD results in a request for username and password. What are the default entries for these items, so that I can get to a desktop and begin the process of installing to my hard drive?
jerrybee

Postby mandog » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:38 am

1st option Parsix should boot directly to the desktop no password req
2nd option text mode takes you to a text login password parsix
3rd option should also take you direct to desktop in safe graghics mode.
I hope this helps
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

installation login

Postby jerrybee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:26 pm

mandog wrote:1st option Parsix should boot directly to the desktop no password req
2nd option text mode takes you to a text login password parsix
3rd option should also take you direct to desktop in safe graghics mode.
I hope this helps

Thanks for the info.
1st option: never happens. Always asks for username & password.
2nd option: I managed to get logged in at the command prompt, but have no idea how to proceed from there to get a desktop I can install from.
3rd option: again I got asked for username & password.

I had the same problem installing Ubuntu 10.04 recently. I finally was advised to enter the option "nomodeset" when selecting the main 1st item in the login menu -- did that and got a desktop from which I could install. Tried the same thing here and it didn't work.

It appears that the system tries to display a desktop during the boot process when the 1st selection is made, but then it blanks the screen and then comes up with a clock-face display and the requests for username & password.

Surely there are default entries for username & password.

System is a MachSpeed mobo with AMD 2600 cpu, 750MB ram and a VIA 8235 onboard chipset. The hard drive I've been trying to install to has other OSs on it -- maybe I'll try an empty HDD.
jerrybee

RE: installation login

Postby danj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Downloaded and installed latest version of Parsix. Install worked very well. Had no issue.
Asus M4A79XTD EVO Amd 955 at 3.6Ghz 8Gig Gskill mem. Asus 9500 Graphics.
Parsix 3.7 Conky & Cario-dock.
danj

Postby mandog » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm

I already told you the password for the live CD is parsix
so you login as "parsix/root", password "parsix", but I don't think that will work anyway as the Xserver is crashing.
So please give some details of your system then Alan can advice you on what to try next
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RastaMon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi there,

I guess this is my first post here.

mandog wrote:I already told you the password for the live CD is parsix
so you login as "parsix/root", password "parsix", but I don't think that will work anyway as the Xserver is crashing.
So please give some details of your system then Alan can advice you on what to try next

I have exactly the same problem with the latest parsix 3.6.
I started from a Fujitsu Siemense desktop PC and it did show me the desktop without login. But when I tried on a laptop Dell Latitude E6500 then I got the login query. I didn't know the user/pass so I checked userlist on another tty console and used parsix username, changed passwd and then tried that on the desktop login.

That way I managed to install the parsix, so XServer worked but I can't figure it out why it wanted user/pass on the laptop but not on the desktop PC.

I am not able to use the internet, it said something about the .local and that the auto discovery was turned off. At this point I just wanna run dd to rip off the first partion but after that I need qemu-img and I have to be able to use apt-get, but I guess it is a minor problem and I will fix it later...

Anyways, thank you all
RastaMon

Re: installation login

Postby xarmyvet02 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 am

Just downloaded Parsix last night and tried to install it. kept asking for username and password. I tried everything and it still would not go into install mode. Is there any way around this or can some one assist me as I believe this distro would be good for me to install.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time and consideration.
xarmyvet02

Re: installation login

Postby alan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Default root password is "parsix" have you tried that? It shouldn't ask for password though. You can also open a terminal, type su and then parsix-installer to run the installer as root
alan
Developer
Developer

Return to Installation - English