Can't install Parsix

Discussions related to Parsix installations, installer program, etc.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

Can't install Parsix

Postby flyingtux » Sun May 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello i have downloaded the latest stable version but can't install the installer have difficulties with the nvidia adapter everytime i get the message xorg fails i have tried to install with vesa mode on 800 x 600 or only with vga or acpi completely turnedoff but i can't install. How to install Parsix.
flyingtux

Re: Can't install Parsix

Postby alan » Sun May 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Its easy.

Start the live-CD into text-mode, then:

Code: Select all
# cp /ect/X11/xorg.conf.parsix.generated /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# vim /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Find the line with "nv" (you should scroll down) and change it to "vesa"

Then

# /etc/init.d/xprep start

You should get the GUI.

Also, you can start the installation via the text mode and configure the X after its done. To run the installer:

# parsix-installer

I recommend installing first and then configuring the X.

May I ask what type of nVidia card you have?

Thank You.
Alan
alan
Developer
Developer

Postby flyingtux » Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Alan i have the following NVidia Card: nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

I still can't installing parsix in text mode i get the following error and the screen is keeping scrolling and stops never i get this error:

RT_IOCTL_giwscan BBS Returned data length=477 665 etc

This occurs me to install correctly or even getting to install, i think Parsix is trying to detect mine wireless adapter Sitecom 300 N XR.

I have trief installing in failsafe mode even then i can't install this is the only distro that gives many problems.
flyingtux

Postby alan » Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 am

The output is the wireless card. That's right. If its a USB dongle, try to remove it and do the installation w/o. Once the system is installed, you can put it back. IT should be automatically detected. If not, try to configure the X and then install it. I'm working to bring the new nouveau driver which will have a better support for nVidia chips for 3.7 series.
alan
Developer
Developer

Postby flyingtux » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 am

Hi Alan the wireless card is an pci card when i remove this card is wireless support then installed when putting back the card in the system, if the card isn't detected then there is no wireless and i have no ethernet installed on this machine i will try to install without the wireless pci card and hopes i can install the nvidia problem can i resolve with your instructions.
flyingtux

Return to Installation - English