Issues running Vinnie "live" on a USB flash drive

Discussions related to Parsix installations, installer program, etc.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

Issues running Vinnie "live" on a USB flash drive

Postby The Pontificator » Tue May 31, 2011 2:42 am

I installed Parsix Vinnie on a USB flash drive using the latest version of Unetbootin for Mac.

Upon default loading (running the distro "live") it does a lengthy search for available hardware (lots of text) and then the Parsix desktop loads but then freezes. There is a notification window in the center of the desktop that informs the user that certain applets in the panels are no longer available.

If you scroll over the various icons in the panels you can read some information but other than that the desktop is completely frozen.

I have this same issue when using Unetbootin to make USB discs with various Fedora distros as well.

No computer expert by any means but I do know that Unetbootin has problems reading images on some distributions mainly Fedora and Debian.

Is there an alternative disc creator I can use? In addition to my Mac I have two netbooks one running Ubuntu 11.04 and the other running EasyPeasy 1.6 both have Ubuntu's "Disc Creator".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

John
The Pontificator

Re: Issues running Vinnie "live" on a USB flash drive

Postby alan » Tue May 31, 2011 4:38 am

Have you tried the new 3.7r0-TEST-1? It is a development version but fairly stable. Give it a try. It has a newer kernel. For creating USB flashes, always use parsix-iso2usb:

http://packages.parsix.org/official/poo ... installer/
alan
Developer
Developer

Return to Installation - English