can't install in virtualbox

Discussions related to Parsix installations, installer program, etc.

Moderators: aysabzevar, mandog, alan, bkashaf, xet7, cmost, blix

can't install in virtualbox

Postby tduell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Hello,
I am trying to setup parsix 4.0 (64 bit) as a virtualbox guest on a fedora 17 x86-64 host.
The live version starts up OK, but when I try to install it appears not to be able to recognise the disk space and starts Gparted for me to set up partitions.
I have tried this a few times, with both a dynamic disk and a fixed disc, of 25 GB.
I set a / partition with 5 GB, and swap 512 MB, and /home as rest, but each time, after the partitioning the installer comes back with the same dbox saying I need to provide disk space, and this is followed by Gparted, again.
Has anyone seen this behaviour, and is there a solution?

Cheers,
Terry
tduell

Re: can't install in virtualbox

Postby mandog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 am

Try giving more space to the root partition say 8-10gb
Parsix running AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, Gigabyte mother board 8gb ram, Nvidia graphic card 1gb unboard ram, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, 2x 500gb hds, sata+3x 500gb, 1x2tb Hardrives, 23" AOC monitor 1980X1080 Resolution
mandog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: can't install in virtualbox

Postby alan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm

When you create a virtualdisk using Virtualbox the disk is a raw non-partitioned and non-formatted disk. Parsix installer launches GParted for you so you can partition it first. So, Use GParted to partition it and once you close GParted, installer window will come back to continue. Hope this resolves your issue.
alan
Developer
Developer

Return to Installation - English